October 24, 2011

Butter-mind

My lack of posting has been due to a lack of baking; and my lack of baking has been due to a lack of butter. I blame it all on the butter...or lack thereof.

Oh dear, I'm so sorry Butter. I should never blame you. After all, you are the one that makes everything so deliciously fattening.

will you forgive me?

Alright, alright, in all honesty, I've been too busy [LAZY?] to go and buy certain necessities. But October has been a semi-busy month. However, I am totally looking forward to the next coming months because of the holiday season. I just love it when the weather begins to turn chilly...or not? Considering that SoCal keeps a somewhat even, sunny temperature throughout the year save for some freaky rainstorm [aka light to moderate drizzling out here].

Speaking of the chill, a happy book find really made my day, week, month! A few weeks ago I was rounding the corner of a used book section at a store and this book came staring me in the face:


I have been looking for this book for a very long time. A VERY. LONG. TIME. Granted that I actually did find it once upon awhile ago in a memory of a bookstore called Borders, I just wasn't willing to shell out the cover price without my 30% off coupon [college student budget!]. I eventually forgot about it for some time, then revived my hunt for a deal on Amazon but came up zip. [Although I have no just discovered that a paperback print will be out soon.] Oh what an unfortunate example of the demise of Borders.

I really wanted this book because I've always dreamed of making my own ice cream & other frozen desserts. I can have ice cream anytime, anyplace, in any weather. I love ice cream just that much. And from the book reviews [and my sneaky flip through at Borders], I felt that the author laid down the foundations for making ice cream quite clearly and in uncomplicated explanations.

You know, just make and freeze or something like that. Right?
Right...we'll see how far I get once I start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments, questions, suggestions, stories, anything! I would love to hear from you!