June 4, 2012

Un-Zombified


Hello all! I apologize for being m.i.a. for such a long, darn time! Goodness me, I have finally managed to pull myself out of that zombified state of lulling through my daily activities. Or at least I hope I have. Oh, and speaking of zombies, a friend of mine had compiled a list of news stories regarding real-life "zombie" moments that have recently occurred:

May 16, 2012 - Hollywood, FL
Mysterious Rash Breaks Out at McArthur High School

May 20, 2012 - Titusville, FL
Man Arrested for DUI, Spit Blood on Trooper's Face

May 23, 2012 - Lauderdale Lakes, FL
Another Mysterious Rash Break-Out at Lauderdale Lakes Middle School

May 26, 2012 - Miami, FL
Man Eats Another Man's Face, Six Bullets Before Killed

May 27, 2012 - Hackensack, NJ
Man Disembowels Self, Throws Intestines at Police Officers

May 29, 2012 - Baltimore, MD
Man Eats Roommate's Heart, Brain

I really don't know what to make of these incidents. Disturbing, to say the least. All I know is that if anything zombie-related were to go down, I happen to have a keen aim for shooting crooked and would probably be one of the first to go. :( But then again, I can throw a mean swing with a tennis racket, so there might be some hope for me!
can you guess the filling flavor?
DURIAN!


Anyhow, here are a few quick yet boring updates. I'm glad you still care. :D

1. I had a nice and simple birthday celebration towards the end of March. Definitely one of the better ones I've had in recent years.

2. I've been baking kind of sort of more consistently, but have been lazy with posting recipes and editing pictures. For that, I am sorry. Being lazy is a very poor excuse. So go ahead and give me a finger wagging and a couple of tsk-tsking. But expect a couple of back posts of my food ventures soon!

3. I AM FINALLY GOING THROUGH ALL THAT JUNK IN MY ROOM. Slowly and steadily. My room is a HUGE mess. It's disgusting, really. A few months ago (okay, back in 2011!) I attempted to do some packing and cleaning. It was going well, except I didn't keep at it and so there have been piles of STUFF here, there, everywhere. And I've only managed to organize most of my cook books and magazines. That's it. I have a serious problem. More on that later...

4. I have been working my butt off (or on?), literally, by sticking to a workout program in the past few months. I've actually tried it out before, but was very bad at keeping schedule. I skipped many days each week, made excuses, and still kept bad eating habits. But this time around, I ACTUALLY FINISHED THE ENTIRE PROGRAM. I kept with it, EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. AND had better eating habits, more or less. I don't want to sound snooty but I really am very proud of myself. I didn't think I could do it but I actually did. The numbers are more or less the same on the scale, but I sure am a hell of a lot toner. Hooray for muscle mass! So here's to round 2 and then some!

safari time!
5. I just had a vacation a few weeks ago and went to the ZOO! I loved it! I'm glad this time around the trip was fun, considering my last memory of a trip to the zoo was quite traumatizing. In short, imagine a 7th-grade me paired up with another 7th grader to watch a group of 6-8 kindergarteners in the heat of summer. All day long it was "I'm hot!" "I'm thirsty!" "I'm hungry!" "I need to use the restroom!" And no, don't ask me why they left a pair of kids to watch over a group of younger kids because I still haven't figured it out.

Well, it looks like I didn't do very well with my list since I still managed to ramble on. Sorry about that. In short, I hope everyone's week started off well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments, questions, suggestions, stories, anything! I would love to hear from you!