December 11, 2012

Day 2: Peanut Butter Cookies


Today was one of those days. One of those that felt a bit off. Not to sound negative, but something wasn't sitting right with me today. I wasn't sure whether it was me or something in the air. I kept going over it in my head, whether I had forgotten to do something for work or whether I had forgotten something else important. Couldn't think of a thing.

I tried putting this feeling out of my head, but there's still this residual uneasiness. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep it off.


Well, stepping into something cheerier, today is Day 2 of my 12 Days of Christmas Cookies. Are you as excited as I am? I sure hope so! Today's fancy feature is the good ol' classic peanut butter. I'm sure many of us have eaten countless peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in our lifetime. So why not make cookies out of it? And the best part? You can now make peanut butter cookie sandwiches with any filling that your heart desires - jelly, nutella, s'mores, ice cream...


Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen cookies

ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter (your choice!)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

equipment prep
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line your baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.

make the dough
1. Cream together the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars.
2. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until well combined.

bake
1. Roll 2 teaspoons of dough into a ball and place on your prepared baking sheet. Be sure to space your cookies about 3 inches apart.
2. Bake the cookies at 350°F for 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Make sure you do not overbake the cookies or they will be brittle.
3. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.

*** ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments, questions, suggestions, stories, anything! I would love to hear from you!